Carnation Farms is a nonprofit organization on a mission to transform the way that people want to eat. We celebrate delicious and nutritious food produced in a sustainable manner by providing inspirational and educational experiences that positively affect health, the environment, and local economies. We develop the next generation of food citizens and grow new farmers.
Wholesale and CSA Distribution Coordinator
Carnation Farm is a certified organic, mixed vegetable farm with a large livestock program. We certify over 600 acres organic on our 818-acre property. The Distribution Coordinator works primarily in the 12-acre vegetable production area of the farm. The farm produces vegetables, herbs, berries, and fruit for our CSA, farmers markets, and wholesale and is sold at our roadside farm stand. We are a non-profit, teaching farm, fostering a new generation of farmers with our Farmer-in-Training program, Rooted teen programs and summer camps. We also have a robust Livestock program (cows, sheep, chicken, turkey, rabbit, fiber) and process poultry on-site.
This position is responsible for a variety of tasks on the farm including,
- Coordinating the harvest for all sales outlets (wholesale, CSA, Farmers Markets, Farmstand, the Food Bank, and Culinary Program).
- Create daily pick list based on sales outlets, orders, demand and production.
- Leads weekly field walk with the team; creates weekly fresh sheet.
- CSA member coordination, distribution and ddd-on shares
- Manage Post-Harvest/Wash Station (washing, bunching, packing) ensuring the highest quality for all orders processed
- Farmers Market (as needed for set up)
- Invoice Customers
- Fieldwork and harvest with the team when needed
- Help farm apprentices, youth participants, staff persons and volunteers
- Record-keeping to maintain compliance with organic certification including all production, irrigation, harvest & sales logs
- Proficient use of computers and tablets, with expertise in excel and spreadsheets
- Experience with farm management
- Strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work hard; standing, sitting, bending over or kneeling: to lift, push and pull heavy objects, up to 50lbs: perform physical work such as digging or planting
- Ability to thrive under challenging conditions and be flexible and respond to changes that arise due to schedule changes or adverse weather conditions
- Positive attitude, open, understanding, level-headed
- Consistent attention to detail
- Knowledge of organic vegetable production and a genuine curiosity to learn more
- Ability to stay organized while juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Be able to take direction and ask for clarification if needed
- Must adhere to safety protocols at all times
- Able to pass a background check including driving record
- Hourly Wage: $19/20 per hour.
- This is an hourly position with the potential to grow into a year-round, salary position for the right person.
- Other benefits include fresh air, working outside and with an amazing group of people, vegetables, and proteins.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com