Carnation Farms is a nonprofit organization on a mission to transform the way that people want to eat. We celebrate delicious and nutritious food produced in a sustainable manner by providing inspirational and educational experiences that positively affect heath, the environment, and local economies. We develop the next generation of food citizens and grow new farmers.
Hospitality Intern – Seasonal Full Time
The Hospitality Intern supports the Hospitality Manager and the rest of the Culinary and Hospitality team by providing great service as both Banquet Captain and Housekeeping Supervisor. The position focuses on quality service, efficiency, cleanliness, and appealing visuals, to optimize guest experiences. S/he is an enthusiastic, personable, creative individual with high ethical standards and enthusiasm for the Farm and our mission. Optional bunk-house style housing is included (on a separate residential agreement).
Reports to: Hospitality Manager
JOB SUMMARY FOR BANQUET CAPTAIN:
Banquet captains are supervisors handling events in our Banquet and Catering Department. This role ensures tables are decorated correctly, the food is presented well, and service goes off without a hitch. Banquet captains are in charge of floor staff, and make sure that they are in uniform and serving the clients in a speedy and friendly manner. They are the liaison to the chefs and cooking staff in the back, letting them know what food needs to be replenished.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR BANQUET CAPTAIN
- Assist Hospitality Manager in event supervision and execution
- Client Management – meetings, contracts, communication, billing
- Coaching and leadership of banquet team
- Full room set-ups, including A.V. and bar
- Room check and refreshing Food & Beverage, Full reception service
- Liquor Orders and full banquet bar management
- Cashouts and closing duties
- Colleague/Morale building
JOB SUMMARY FOR HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR:
Assist with training of staff on the correct room standards. Assist with supervising the operations of the housekeeping staff, promoting a safe environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction, protection of assets and minimal expenses. Ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and guest satisfaction are maintained to achieve Carnation Farms high standards of quality. Assure cleanliness of guest floor corridors, foyers, stairwells, and public areas as needed
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR:
- Inspect the cleaning of the guest rooms, public areas and back of the house; ensure compliance with accident/loss prevention programs, and health and sanitation standards and regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction
- Continuous visual inspection of guest rooms and public space areas including offices, lounges, meeting rooms, etc.
- Collects soiled linens for laundering, and receives and stores linen supplies in linen closet
- Assist with washing and folding of the linen
- Maintains storage areas neat and organized. Maintains proper par of supplies as needed of room supplies and communicates damage or shortages to supervisor
- Ensures proper use and care of all equipment
- Reports damages, lost items, or anything unusual or suspicious
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE FOR BOTH AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Customer-Service: you have to interact with customers. Being friendly and courteous is needed.
- Attention to Detail: you have to keep our eyes on a lot of elements.
- Leadership: be a strong team player with proven leadership, rallying the team during big events, resolving conflicts and getting the job done.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Dealing with employee conflict, irate customers and wrong orders is part of a banquet captain’s job. Being able to come up with a solution quickly is a needed skill.
- Speaking & Communication Skills: need to accurately and easily communicate standards for both the banquet and housekeeping staff, give orders and speak with customers clearly.
- Physical Aspects: walking and standing throughout shift, ability to lift, push up to 50 pounds, significant bending required, moving tables and chairs around facility.
- Flexibility: in hours, days off, assignments and additional duties may change/be added.
- Other Key Factors: must be able to work weekends, works well under pressure in a fast paced environment
OTHER KEY ATTRIBUTES
The ideal candidate for this position is a hospitality professional with banquet and housekeeping experience who can:
- Earn the respect of their team
- Create a positive working environment and ongoing positive feedback to colleagues
- Lead by example
- Be enthusiastic and inspiring
- Problem solve and stay positive
- Food handler card
- MAST Mandatory Alcohol Server Training Class 13 or 12 certificate
- Valid driver’s license
- Background check
To apply send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org