CARNATION FARMS – JOB DESCRIPTION
Carnation Farms is a community-based hub for regenerative food and agriculture that educates and empowers the work of culinary, food, and farming professionals. We aspire to help create a thriving regional food system connecting farmers and culinary professionals around shared values of regenerative food, health and equity.
Job Title: FACILITIES MAINTENANCE – CREW MEMBER
This position is responsible for a wide variety of maintenance tasks and duties. This includes, but is not limited to responding to all types of maintenance needs, tasks and requests. Understands and helps maintain the Carnation Farms buildings also helps with maintenance of the fire suppression systems. Understands the operation of the Carnation Farms wastewater treatment plant and helps with the maintenance required to maintain compliance with DOE. Understands the operation of the Carnation Farms potable water system and helps with the required maintenance needed for compliance with the DOH. Helps in the maintenance of the Carnation Farms potable water system infrastructure and the Carnation Farms waste water system infrastructure including the sewer lines, lagoons and field irrigation system. Understands and helps maintain pumps, machinery, Ag equipment and rolling stock. Must be knowledgeable in the safe operation of all equipment and rolling stock. Service equipment, Ag equipment and rolling stock. This position requires the maintenance and operations of two stroke motors, chain saws and weed eaters. The impact of position is high due to the high dollar cost worth of the equipment. Individuals must have a high degree of work ethics taking responsibility with very little supervision and have the ability to work on their own or as a team. Support and perform an on-call basis for emergency response as needed. Perform other duties at management requests.
Reports to: Facilities Director
- Maintenance and repair of water systems, sewer lines, pumps, equipment and rolling stock.
- Have the ability to trouble shoot electrical issues on 12 & 24 volt systems.
- Building fire suppression systems.
- Helps maintain and understands plumbing and light electrical.
- General computer and AV knowledge.
- HVAC repair and maintenance.
- Electrical wiring low volt up to 480 volt three phase systems a plus.
- Plumbing repair and installation. Appliance repair.
- Helps maintain Carnation Farms water systems, sewage treatment plant and systems.
- Understands and can operate backup power generators and maintenance.
- Inventory control, ordering parts and supplies, maintaining rolling stock.
- Welding, mechanical and structural fabrication.
- Miscellaneous facility maintenance.
- May perform weed eating duties and lawn mower duties.
- Be able to use a ladder safely and work in areas high off the ground.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure efficient functioning of Carnation Farms operations.
- Provide support in other departments as directed by Carnation Farms Management.
Training and Experience:
- Three to five years, fabrications experience a plus.
- One to three years’ experience in operation of sewer lines and pumps a plus.
- One to three years’ experience in repair, operation and maintenance of machinery and equipment. (Including agricultural machinery and automotive equipment).
- Organization skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills a plus for ordering parts and inventory.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
Should have knowledge of and/or experience in:
- Knowledge of water systems, sewage treatment plant and power generators.
- Knowledge of automotive mechanics including agricultural equipment such as tractors, dump trucks, front-end loaders, backhoes, mini track hoes and crawlers, some automatic control systems, H.V.A.C systems, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of low and high voltage.
- Individual must have a strong working knowledge of the use of safety procedures.
- Must be able to prioritize and assist other team members.
- Knowledge of welding and fabrication or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Immunization record
- Current CPR/First Aid and AEDs.
- Back ground check.
Working Conditions (percentages are approximations)
- 80% in on-site projects
- 20% in on-site meetings
- Able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Time standing and sitting based on job requirements.
- Ability and aptitude to operate a weed eater on a daily or weekly basis.
- Ability to work in all-weather scenarios.
- Aptitude to climb ladders, clean gutters, stand on high and steep roofs to clean them.
Certificates, Permits, and Licenses
- Valid Driver’s License
- Background Check
- CPR Training (provided by Carnation Farms Annually)
Job Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Pay: $23 / hour
Current Benefits (subject to applicable policies and plans):
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and FSA
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 10-12 Paid Holidays
If you want to make a difference every day in support of the mission of Carnation Farms and have the experience and capabilities required for this position, please send your resume, along with a cover letter, explaining how your qualifications are a fit and why you are interested in this important role to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carnation Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Carnation Farms does not discriminate or determine employment on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, age, or any other factor; employment decisions are made only on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs. Carnation Farms is committed to an environment of mutual respect and maintains a zero-tolerance policy in regard to discrimination or harassment of any kind. Carnation Farms also values the power of diverse lived experiences and perspectives. We will accept applications until filled. Reference and background checks for finalists are part of the recruiting process of Carnation Farms.