Carnation Farms is a working organic farm that grows future farmers, culinary professionals, and a resilient food system through stewardship and impactful programming. Inspired by our property’s history of innovation, we offer an integrated approach that focuses on the connectivity between farming, the culinary arts, and opportunities for regional economic development. Together, we champion a stronger community and agricultural network to ensure a sustainable future.
Founded in 2016 at the historical home of the Carnation Dairy Company, Carnation Farms is a nonprofit organization based in Carnation, Washington. Our 818-acre campus is comprised of historical barns and buildings and our property proudly boasts Washington’s only private game preserve as well as acres of forest and certified organic pasture. We strive to create a professional, motivated environment for all team members where collaboration is encouraged equally with individual responsibility and goal-oriented results.
Administrative & Accounting Assistant
The role of Carnation Farms’ Administrative & Accounting Assistant is to support the daily operations of the Finance and Administrative Teams, coordinating office logistics, basic bookkeeping, and organizational scheduling. The Administrative & Accounting Assistant will work closely with Leadership and the Executive Director to facilitate the functions of the organization while maintaining calendars, supplies, and meeting recordings and agendas.
The Administrative & Accounting Assistant plays an integral role in the streamlined functionality of Carnation Farms, and must possess an underlying commitment and understanding of the organization and its mission, values, and goals. This position embodies organizational skills, the ability to meet deadlines, and a high attention to detail in all endeavors and works to support our mission to build a stronger connection to agriculture in our region and community.
Assistance with Accounts Payable & Receivable
- Coding, entering, maintaining A/P invoices/files
- Processing checks
- Entering & reconciling credit card receipts
- Assisting the Accounting Manager with other bookkeeping tasks as needed
Organizational Management & Growth:
- Calendar and Schedule Management
- Direction of Inquiries and Correspondence via Email and Telephone
- Distribute mail incoming and outgoing
- Cloud Based and On Site Filing and Management of Records
- Purchasing Office Supplies, Equipment, and Materials
- Management of Interior Communications related to Clerical Duties
- Additional Tasks as Assigned by Supervisor
Subject to update to organizational needs.
- Directional Committee – Second Thursday Each Month at 10:00 AM
- Leadership Committee – Every other Tuesday at 9:00 am
- Strategy Committee – Every other Wednesday at 3:00 pm
- Weekly meetings with Finance / Admin team
- Knowledge of basic accounting and accounts payable processing
- Experience in a similar position for an organization of 50 or more employees
- Experience with nonprofit and NGO organizations and partnerships preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences for a wide range of needs
- Experience with organizational systems and communication
- Adept at working with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong self-editing skills
- Effective and efficient at handling multiple tasks and projects and the ability to set and accomplish short and long-range goals
- Flexible and adaptable in an environment with frequently changing and demanding priorities
- Meticulous attention to detail in recording and organization
- Google Suite, Quickbooks, and MS Office (Excel and Word) proficiency preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Squarespace preferred
Certificates, Permits, and Licenses:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Background Check
- CPR Training (provided by Carnation Farms annually)
Physical Demands & Information
- Ability to Stand and Walk for up to 2 hours
- Ability to lift 20+ lbs
Compensation and Expectations:
This position is a full-time (40 hours / week), hourly position and offers the starting hourly rate of $20.
- This position is benefits eligible (health, dental, and vision), and offers a voluntary 401K.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com
- Your Resume
- A Cover Letter
Carnation Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Carnation Farms does not discriminate or determine employment on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, age, or any other factor; employment decisions are made only on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs. Carnation Farms is committed to an environment of mutual respect and maintains a zero-tolerance policy in regard to discrimination or harassment of any kind.