Carnation Farms is a nonprofit organization on a mission to transform the way that people want to eat. We celebrate delicious and nutritious food produced in a sustainable manner by providing inspirational and educational experiences that positively affect health, the environment, and local economies. We develop the next generation of food citizens and grow new farmers.
At Carnation Farms we believe that differences are healthy, and that our community should reflect the rich variety of people, backgrounds and perspectives found in the communities we serve. We foster a business atmosphere that encourages each person to be their best selves. Join us, and help us be stronger together!
Job Title: STEWARD/PORTER
Carnation Farms’ Steward/Porter is a hardworking, and reliable professional, and is an important part of our collaborative team. This person is primarily responsible for maintaining a clean, hygienic, and safe working environment for all members of the Carnation Farms team as well as visiting guests, volunteers etc. This position requires exemplary organizational and multitasking abilities, as well as attention to detail.
The Steward/Porter is a full time position with benefits. This dedicated professional is not afraid of long hours, late nights, or weekend work, and understands holidays are the busiest times for the kitchen.
Reports to: Executive Chef
- Ensure that Back of House Areas are clean, well maintained and organized at all times.
- Operate pot/dish washing machinery and maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with local codes, and property standards.
- Assist the rest of the Culinary and Hospitality team when necessary.
- Collects and removes trash and recycling from all areas of the operation following established procedures
- Cleans and maintains floors and walls in kitchen, dish area, and banquet spaces by following standard procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes pots, pans, utensils, and other minor equipment used in the kitchen following established procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes dishes, glassware, silverware and related serviceware following established procedures.
- Cleans large equipment as assigned, following established procedures
- Assist in light food preparation as directed by the chef on duty.
- Follow all safety and sanitation procedures when handling food and beverages.
- Ensure that the cleaning schedule is adhered to, and to the required standard.
- Responsible for cleaning office spaces, restrooms, retail spaces and support areas as required according to established guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience an asset
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of various work situations
- Highly responsible and reliable
Should have knowledge of and/or experience in:
- Ability to problem solve when facing tough situations
- Showing up on time, prepared and equipped to work
- Understanding the importance of maintaining the integrity and quality of products
- Ability to get along with others, such as fellow employees, volunteers, and guests
- Requires working a flexible schedule to include holidays and weekend work, either morning or evening shift
- Organizational skills/Cleanliness
- Ability to follow directions as outlined by the Executive Chef, or Chef on duty
- Ability to work independently and self-manage, often with little direction
- Ability to multi-task and work with a sense of urgency
- Food handlers permit
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to pass Background Check
- Able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 lbs. frequently
- Standing up to 8 hours per day
- Work in a fast paced environment
To apply, please submit a resume with references to Jeff Leichliter, Executive Chef email@example.com