Carnation Farms is a nonprofit organization on a mission to transform the way that people want to eat. We celebrate delicious and nutritious food produced in a sustainable manner by providing inspirational and educational experiences that positively affect health, the environment, and local economies. We develop the next generation of food citizens and grow new farmers.
Poultry & Rabbit Processor
Processors perform all phases of poultry slaughter, are responsible for meeting all sanitary regulations and organic protocols, and for producing an appealing, packaged product ready for market. We process our own livestock and poultry and rabbit for other farmers, homesteaders, and community members. The facility is inspected and licensed under the WSDA and is Certified Organic.
- Performing all phases of processing poultry,
- Inspecting poultry in crates
- Process in Dirty Room through cutting, draining, scalding and plucking
- Process in Clean Room through gutting, chilling, bagging, drying, weighing, and labeling
- Cleanup of both rooms at end of day to requirements
- Dispose of waste in appropriate rendering containers
- Monitor all temperatures and conditions of the equipment used in each phase of processing
- Safely and efficiently operate all equipment
- Follow all documented procedures to ensure quality
- Follow proper sanitation measures
- Follow production deadlines
- Some poultry processing experience, willing to train the right person
- Good work ethic, positive attitude
- Works responsibly and with a team
- Organized and follows directions well
Compensation: $16-$17/per hour, 3-4 days per week.
To apply: Please submit send an email with your interest and experience to email@example.com