Why are we growing new farmers?
Our community is in desperate need of a new generation of farmers invested in sustainable food production that provides for all of our citizen’s needs.
King County Farming Facts
- Average age of a farmer is 57
- Only 2% of a $6 billion King County food economy is spent of food produced in King County
- 13% of adults and 22% of children live in food insecure households
How can you help?
With your help, we can grow the farmers necessary to feed our community in a sustainable fashion.
But it takes your support…
When you fund a Farmer in Training it pays for:
- Training from our Sustainable Ag and Education teams.
- Helping to subsidize on-farm housing for the duration of their training.
- A bi weekly stipend to ensure a living scale of compensation.
- Business and Marketing support in strategic plan development and execution.
It takes a lot to grow new farmers. Your tax-deductible donation will go directly to our Mentorship in Sustainable Agriculture program.