Carnation Farms is a nonprofit organization on a mission to transform the way that people want to eat. We celebrate delicious and nutritious food produced in a sustainable manner by providing inspirational and educational experiences that positively affect health, the environment, and local economies. We develop the next generation of food citizens and grow new farmers. At Carnation Farms we believe that differences are healthy, and that our community should reflect the rich variety of people and perspectives found in the communities we serve. We foster a business atmosphere that encourages each person be their best selves. Join us, and help us be stronger together!
The HVAC, Refrigeration, and Controls Specialist plays a critical role in maintaining the HVAC units across the property and in the guest lodges, supports the culinary and agriculture team with installation, maintenance, and repairs on a variety of portable and fixed refrigerator and freezer units, and assists the operations team troubleshooting and maintaining control systems, along with other maintenance projects as needed. To be successful, you should have formal training and at least one year of HVAC-Refrigeration experience, or 2-3 years of experience in the field. Candidates with specialized tools, electrician and EPA 608 certifications preferred and paid accordingly. Ultimately, ideal applicants for this full time, year-round, benefited role will be able to demonstrate their skills, punctuality, accountability, work ethic, ability to solve problems, and complete tasks within time and budget constraints. Carnation farms has a long history of supporting team members with diverse backgrounds, abilities, and experiences. We strongly encourage nontraditional applicants and those who have served our country to apply.
HVAC, Refrigeration, and Controls Specialist Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Helping select, manage bidding, and installation of new refrigeration and HVAC units in a number of settings.
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing building level, propane and electric HVAC units at a number of scales.
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing commercial and retail refrigerator and freezer units of various ages.
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing walk-in-refrigerator and freezer units, and their associated compressors.
- Managing monthly, quaterly, and yearly inspections and maintance on HVAC and refrigeration units on campus.
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and cooridinating inspections of buliding level controls, alarm, and fire safety systems.
- Participating in a variety of operations projects, special events, and on-call duties as needed throughout the year.
- A minimum of a GED or high school diploma; technical school, formal HVAC or refrigeration training preferred.
- Minimum of one year in the field with formal training, or two to three years of HVAC or refrigeration experience.
- The ability to conduct repairs and work in at least 1 of the 3 key systems: HVAC, Refrigeration, Controls Systems.
- Be certifiedto, or willing to become certified, to safely work with refrigeration gasses and syestems (EPA 608).
- Willing to pursue and complete independent study or trainings needed to service equipment, including electrical.
- Have some experience, or willingness to lear about, building level control, alarm, and fire safety systems.
- Understanding of, and ability to follow safety guidelins and best practices for the role and work envrionments.
- Ability to work indpendently and as a team, while completing tasks in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- A valid driver’s license, clear driving record, and reliable trasnportation to and from work.
- Physical strength, stamina, and ability to repeatedly lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, or perform physical work in diverse indoor/outdoor conditions for 8+ hours.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Qualified candidates, please submit a brief cover letter and resume to Eric Carpenter- Property Manager & Steward