This position is responsible for a wide variety of maintenance tasks and duties. This includes, but is not limited to responding to all types of maintenance needs, tasks and requests. Understands and helps maintain the Carnation Farms buildings and also helps with the maintenance of the fire suppression systems. Understands the operation of the Carnation Farms wastewater treatment plant and helps with the maintenance required to maintain compliance with DOE. Understands the operation of the Carnation Farms potable water system and helps with the required maintenance needed for compliance with the DOH. Helps in the maintenance of the Carnation Farms potable water system infrastructure and the Carnation Farms wastewater system infrastructure including the sewer lines, lagoons and field irrigation system. Understands and helps maintain pumps, machinery, Ag equipment and rolling stock. Must be knowledgeable in the safe operation of all equipment and rolling stock. Service equipment, Ag equipment and rolling stock. This position requires the maintenance and operations of two-stroke motors, chain saws and weed eaters. The impact of position is high due to the high dollar cost worth of the equipment. Individuals must have a high degree of work ethics, taking responsibility with very little supervision and have the ability to work on their own or as a team. Support and perform an on-call basis for emergency response as needed.
This role reports to the Facilities Director.
• Maintenance and repair of water systems, sewer lines, pumps, equipment, and rolling stock.
• Have the ability to troubleshoot electrical issues on 12 & 24-volt systems.
• Building fire suppression systems.
• Helps maintain and understands plumbing and light electrical.
• General computer and AV knowledge.
• HVAC repair and maintenance.
• Electrical wiring low volt up to 480 volt three phase systems a plus.
• Plumbing repair and installation.
• Appliance repair.
• Helps maintain Carnation Farms water systems, sewage treatment plant and systems.
• Understands and can operate backup power generators and maintenance.
• Inventory control, ordering parts and supplies, maintaining rolling stock.
• Welding, mechanical and structural fabrication.
• Miscellaneous facility maintenance.
• May perform weed eating duties and lawn mower duties.
• Be able to use a ladder safely and work in areas high off the ground.
• Work closely with other departments to ensure the efficient functioning of Carnation Farms operations.
• Provide support in other departments as directed by Carnation Farms Management.
Training and Experience:
• Three to five years, fabrications experience a plus.
• One to three years’ experience in operation of sewer lines and pumps a plus.
• One to three years’ experience in repair, operation and maintenance of machinery and equipment.
(Including agricultural machinery and automotive equipment).
• Organization skills.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Good computer skills a plus for ordering parts and inventory.
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
Should have knowledge of and/or experience in:
• Knowledge of water systems, sewage treatment plant and power generators.
• Knowledge of automotive mechanics including agricultural equipment such as tractors, dump trucks,
front-end loaders, backhoes, mini track hoes and crawlers, some automatic control systems, H.V.A.C
systems, and maintenance.
• Knowledge of low and high voltage.
• Individual must have a strong working knowledge of the use of safety procedures.
• Must be able to prioritize and assist other team members.
• Knowledge of welding and fabrication or equivalent.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Immunization record
• Current CPR/First Aid and AEDs.
• Background check.
Working Conditions (percentages are approximations):
• 80% in on-site projects
• 20% in on-site meetings
Able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
• Time standing and sitting based on job requirements.
• Ability and aptitude to operate a weed eater on a daily or weekly basis.
• Ability to work in all-weather scenarios.
Carnation Farms does not discriminate or determine employment on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or any other factor; employment decisions are made only on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs. We believe diversity creates resilience and strength and believe a diverse workplace is crucial to the success of our organization and our efforts to support organic farmers. We strive to create a safe and supportive office culture and workplace that encourages racial and social equity. and as such, we have zero-tolerance policy for discrimination of any kind, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply no matter their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status.
Please send your resume to Marieh@carnationfarms.org.