Learn to make beautiful, delicious pies from an acclaimed expert! Kate McDermott, author of Art of the Pie and a beloved culinary educator, will teach you the lifetime skill of
Learn to make beautiful, delicious pies from an acclaimed expert! Kate McDermott, author of Art of the Pie and a beloved culinary educator, will teach you the lifetime skill of how to make and roll the Art of the Pie dough by hand. You’ll learn tips and tricks to bake a picture-perfect pie, how to choose great-tasting seasonal fruit, and ways to create your own recipes.
Kate’s pie camp at Carnation Farms includes the same content as the day camps at her Pie Cottage in Port Angeles, WA. Camps there are sold out through the end of 2018, so this is your unique opportunity to learn from her before the holidays.
You’ll be welcomed with a celebratory toast of prosecco or juice before rolling up your sleeves in the kitchen. While your pie bakes, you’ll enjoy a lunch of Kate’s recipe for Chicken Pot Pie and a salad of winter greens, featuring multiple ingredients from Carnation Farms. After lunch, you’ll sample a delicious slice (or two!) of pie and watch Kate demonstrate how to make a lattice crust.
At the end of pie camp, you will:
- Take home your own just-baked 9” pie, hot out of the oven or ready to bake at home.
- Keep your own pie plate.
- Choose your copy of one of Kate’s books, either her new book Home Cooking with Kate McDermott or Art of the Pie: A Practical Guide to Homemade Crusts, Fillings, and Life, which was nominated for a 2017 James Beard Award. She’ll sign the book for you. You may purchase additional books.
Whether you are a well-seasoned pie maker or new to the craft, Kate has plenty to teach you!
- Pie camp is limited to 14 people and will sell out quickly, so register soon.
- Cost is $325, the same price as at her pie cottage.
- Begins 9:00 am and ends on “pie time,” roughly 2:30-3:00 pm
- Read about Kate at www.artofthepie.com
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
28901 NE Carnation Farms Road