Carnation Farms is a working farm that grows future farmers, culinary professionals, and a more resilient food system through sustainable practices and impactful programming
DIRECTOR OF HOSPITALITY
The Director of Hospitality at Carnation Farms oversees both public and private events as well as coordinates social media and marketing initiatives and information to increase visibility of the organization. Using the bounty of our farm and property, this individual creates compelling engagement experiences for all of our public facing activities.
This position will develop long-lasting Standard Operating Procedures (“SOP”, and oversee the planning, organization, and execution of all events in conjunction with the Leadership Team at Carnation Farms, including all necessary logistics for set up, break down, and oversight of the cleaning of event locations.
Reports to: Executive Director
Works Directly with: Leadership Team (primarily Culinary Directors)
Provides Direction to: All event staff, third party services, and guests onsite.
- Respond & Coordinate all Private Requests and Tours
- Create and Coordinate On Site Public Events and Oversee all Necessary Planning and Logistics
- Maintain the Event Calendar and Relay Imporatnat Information to All Staff
- Coordinate Event Labor, Cleaning services, and Third Party needs
- Develop and Submit Annual Budgets and Requests for Capital projects
- Develop, Refine, and Document all SOP, Financial Tracking Materials, Inventories, and Systems
- Maintain and Manage all Soical Media Posting for the Orgranization, Farmstand, and Events
- Increase Public Awareness and Interaction through Events and Soical Media Management
Meeting & Functions:
- Public events – Management and Responsibility for all aspecs of event, from initial communication and logistical considerations to the day of functions in conjunction with Leadership team
- Private events – Full guest interaction for Private Events, from inquiry to booking to execution
- Educational Events- Partner with Ag and Education Departments to coordinate mission-driven events onsite and offsite
- Donor Events – Partner with the Development Manage to create tailored Donor experiences including both formal and informal events
- Infrastructure – Refine pricing, materials, calendars, and offerings for all Culinary & Hospitality Events
- Ensure highest quality of guest experience and satisfaction
- Bi-Monthly Leadership Team Meetings and Reporting
- Annual Participation in Board of Director’s Meeting to Report on Position and Engagement
- Weekly Meetings with Culinary & Hospitality Team
- Education – Ensure educational aspects and mission-alignment with all events.
- Partnerships – Identify and cultivate beneficial partnerships and services for the organization
- Site Tours – Coordinate Site Tours for Guests, Partners, and Events
Experience and Education:
- 5 years of professional industry experience in Culinary, Beverage, Events, or similar fields.
- Sales and Management experience preferred.
- Experience with Soical Media Management and Growth Analysis
- Experience with Design Software
- Experience with Large Events of 300+ Guests
- Calm and Capable Leadership Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills, Written and Verbal
- High Level Organizational Skills
- Understanding of Budget Implementation, Responsibilities, and Reporting Needs
- Project, Track, and Report Event Key Data and Financial Information
- Fluent with Adobe, Office, and Google Suite
- Familiarity with Point of Sale technology.
- Fluent with Social Media Platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license
- Background Check
- Washington State Food Handler’s Permit
- Washington State MAST Certificate
To Apply, Please Send a Cover letter and Resume to email@example.com