People of all ages enjoy field trips at our beautiful certified organic farm in the Snoqualmie Valley. With fun and knowledgeable guides, participants explore the seasonally changing fields of vegetables, berries, and herbs, smelling and tasting along the way. They meet our chickens up close and learn about their happy lives on the farm. Our field trips engage people in understanding sustainable farm practices that cultivate healthy soil, air, and water, while producing healthful, delicious food.
We are currently welcoming groups or learning pods of 5 or less for field trips.
Our field trips:
- Show where food comes from through outdoor experiences in fields and pastures.
- Provide age-appropriate hands-on activities with food and farming
- Show the importance of a sustainable food system and ways we all can improve it.
- Combine agriculture and healthy eating.
- Aim to transform the way people want to eat.
- Option to purchase snacks, pumpkins in October, or snacks are always available to purchase at the Carnation Farmstand. Please let us know your snack purchasing plan in advance, so we can ensure we have enough snacks for everyone.
For school groups, our theme-based programs are designed to align with grade-level appropriate concepts. Our education staff is happy to work with educators to integrate specific Next Generation Science Standards into their experience.
School field trips can include (for an extra charge per student) a tasty snack from foods grown on our farm or a pumpkin in October.
Pricing & Payment
During Phase 2: $100 per field trip group or pod of 5 or less.
Final number of attendees must be submitted 5 days prior to the fieldtrip. An invoice will be sent based on this amount with a payment link. Once an invoice is generated based on this final number refunds will not be provided unless the field trip is cancelled by Carnation Farms. In that case a full refund will be provided. Payments must be made within 2 days of the fieldtrip.
For community and adult organizations, senior centers, and other groups, we are happy to customize the field trip to meet the unique needs of your group.
- Field trips typically last 1½ to 2 hours.
- Group size can range from a small group of 5 until Phase 3 then we can go up to as many as 50.
- Our field trips meet many ADA accessibility standards, including wheelchair-friendly garden paths, raised garden beds, and picnic tables designed to accommodate wheelchairs.
We do not charge a field trip fee for adults to chaperone along with student groups. There is no charge for younger siblings who will NOT be participating in programming. If a sibling is able to participate in the field trip then we ask that they be included in the student head count.
Please include all adults and siblings in the final snack count.
Book Your Field Trip
To book your field trip, use the field trip inquiry form.
If you wish to tailor the field trip to the needs or your group, need financial assistance, or have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our field trips offer farm experiences that meet many ADA standards, including wheelchair-accessible garden paths, raised garden beds, and picnic tables. Accessible parking is located near the field trip site.