Carnation Farms is a nonprofit organization on a mission to transform the way that people want to eat. We celebrate delicious and nutritious food produced in a sustainable manner by providing inspirational and educational experiences that positively affect health, the environment, and local economies. We develop the next generation of food citizens and grow new farmers.
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
The Administrative Assistant is a half-time position, most weeks M-F 10 to 2, which serves as the face and voice of Carnation Farms to visitors and callers. This person plays an important role in supporting and organizing the communications hub of the farm that is the reception office, as well as providing flexible support to other farm departments. S/he is an enthusiastic, personable, creative individual with high ethical standards.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Operate at the front desk, answer light call volume, manage info@ emails, greet clients/visitors, sort and distribute mail, sign for packages.
• Notifying recipients of packages and boxes
• Manage outgoing mail, postage stamp reserves, postage rules and regulations, online shipping, shipping supplies
• Provide high-level quality customer service; maintain confidentiality tact and discretion.
• Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of workspace and office.
• Manager ordering, stocking, organizing, and inventorying of office and farm supplies.
• Coordinate cleaning schedule with cleaning services
• Outgoing checks handling based on accounting procedures
• Manage record keeping of Contracts: scans, insurance certificates, physical originals files, online files (includes all types of agreements with all kinds of partners)
• Schedule, maintain, and update Executive Director calendar
• Manage details around staff meetings, including facilities and any food/beverage services
• Organize, schedule, and take detailed minutes during staff meetings and special meetings required by departmental managers
• HR – assist with job opening postings and maintaining job listing venues information
• HR – assist with background checks for potential employees and SASS members
• HR – maintain employee contact list and vehicle database
• HR – assist with filing organization, upkeep, yearly cycling
• Assist with special projects as needed
• High School diploma or GED and a minimum of 2 years office experience with phones, computers, and professional protocols
• Must have strong communication skills, ability to multi-task, proactive approach with willingness to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Phone skills, familiarity, and comfort with office machines
• Strong skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and a quick learner
• Must be organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Flexible to perform a variety of tasks for different departments and arrange/prioritize work schedule and tasks based on need
• Flexibility to work weekends for events, as required
• Background check
• Valid driver’s license
• Food handler card
Working Conditions (percentages are approximations):
• 95% in environmentally controlled office.
• 5% in on-site projects
• Able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 20 lbs.
• Time standing and sitting based on job requirements
Carnation Farms does not discriminate or determine employment on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or any other factor; employment decisions are made only on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs. We believe diversity creates resilience and strength and believe a diverse workplace is crucial to the success of our organization and our efforts to support organic farmers. We strive to create a safe and supportive office culture and workplace that encourages racial and social equity. and as such, we have a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination of any kind, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply no matter their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status.
To apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.