People of all ages enjoy field trips at our beautiful certified organic farm in the Snoqualmie Valley. With fun and knowledgeable guides, participants explore the seasonally changing fields of vegetables, berries, and herbs, smelling and tasting along the way. They meet our chickens up close and learn about their happy lives on the farm. Our field trips engage people in understanding sustainable farm practices that cultivate healthy soil, air, and water, while producing healthful, delicious food.
Our field trips:
- Show where food comes from through outdoor experiences in fields and pastures
- Provide age-appropriate hands-on activities with food and farming
- Show the importance of a sustainable food system and ways we all can improve it
- Combine agriculture and healthy eating
- Include a tasty snack made from foods grown on our farm
- Aim to transform the way people want to eat
For students in preschool through fifth grade, our theme-based programs are designed to align with grade-level appropriate concepts following Next Generation Science Standards. Our educational staff uses place-based, interdisciplinary, and experiential approaches to bring learning to life in our garden.
Our fall field trips for preschool through elementary school are all about pumpkins! Children go on a hayride, pick their own pumpkin to take home, eat a snack made from our own pumpkins, and learn interactively in the garden. Students in preschool-kindergarten learn about parts of plants, those in grades 1-3 explore the pumpkin’s life cycle, and students in grades 4 and 5 do a hands-on pumpkin exploration.
For students in middle school, high school, and college, we are happy to tailor field trips to the teacher’s needs. Our goal is to provide a customized visit that meets your objectives, such as sustainable agriculture, food systems, health benefits and culinary uses of local produce, and more.
For community and adult organizations, senior centers, and other groups, we are happy to customize the field trip to meet the unique needs of your group.
- Field trips typically last 1½ to 2 hours.
- Cost is $9 per person; teachers, chaperones, and group leaders are free.
- Group size can range from a small group of 10 to as many as 100.
- Snacks are made with farm-fresh ingredients from our garden, and are gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free.
- Financial assistance is available. We aim to make farm experiences affordable to all in our community.
- Our field trips meet many ADA accessibility standards, including wheelchair-friendly garden paths, raised garden beds, and picnic tables designed to accommodate wheelchairs.
Book Your Field Trip
To book your field trip, use the field trip inquiry form, allowing at least two weeks’ notice prior to your requested field trip date.
If you wish to tailor the field trip to the needs or your group, need financial assistance, or have questions, contact Kaley Brammer, Youth Development & Education Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-844-3219.
Our field trips offer farm experiences that meet many ADA standards, including wheelchair-accessible garden paths, raised garden beds, and picnic tables. Accessible parking is located near the field trip site.